Friday, December 5, 2014

I Spy Santa Claus



You will need:
Gingerbread cookie dough or  round sugar cookies
frosting
red hot candies, sprinkles, chocolate chips or the candy of your choice

Directions:
1. Bake or buy the cookies in the Holiday shapes you like
2. Add the decorations using your imagination
3. The hanger is a piece of string licorice
4. The frosting was applied by putting it in a sandwich baggie and poking a small hole in the corner to squeeze it out in small amounts.

I love I Spy books and this one has a Christmas theme.  It opens up the door for you to talk about your special holiday traditions and customs.  I like that many of the toys are hand made or vintage and there is not a spec of technology.  I think it encourages kids to think about making gifts.  I love the page with the cookies because after you "spy" all the items, your child will have lots of ideas for decorating the cookies.





No comments:

Post a Comment